TJ and Marshall,
I'm just wondering what would happen if you saturated that batting with
concentrated CS, dried it out, then used this as an anti bacterial
filter.  Of course you may have little impetus to do this, since iron is
your problem, probably not bacteria.  But for others wouldn't this make
a darn good anti bacterial filter?  Presumably the ionic silver would,
in drying, react to become silver oxide and silver hydroxide, but it
should stay in the batting, if containment were robust.
Anyhow, just a thought.......
Reid

TJ Garland said:
Go to a fabric store and buy a couple yards of 50/50 cotton polyester
quilt
batting to filter out the iron. I made a filter with 2 5 gallon buckets
that
were drilled and used the fabric between them . It removed almost all
the
iron. I changed the fabric out  once a month on my well.