How many PSI to pump a stream of bubbles down through 300 ft of water? [a
lot, I'll bet]
 I only have to pump water up 30 ft..air, down 300 ft.
     Pressure works the same going down as it does going up

It takes a column of water 231 ft to develop 100 psi ( that is psia, not psig )

     One foot of water  =  .43 psia

     so,   300 X .43 = 129 psia

     Theoretically, there would be a bit of difference  between down and up.

     Wayne

 I'm using a shallow well venturi type pump..maybe an air injecting venturi
would do it by oxygenating the return water.
Ode

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>