Re: CS>further questions re CS and liver transplant
     From: sol (view other messages by this author)
     Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:14:34

Err,
   Well she isn't deliberately swallowing any CS, she was gargling with

it to get rid of a sore throat/cold. She was also taking Rx antibiotics

and lysine which she thinks might be the cause. Basically, she is
looking for some reassurance so that she does not have to tell the
transplant physicians who monitor her that she is using it at all.
Anyway, the Rx antibiotics didn't knock out her sore throat, but the CS

did, in about a day and a half.....
   I really was hoping that with some 500 members someone would know
another transplant recipient who uses CS, even it it wasn't a liver.
The
weight of belief and what we know about excretion paths of CS that
Garnet mentioned, indicates it couldn't possibly hurt anything, but I'm

not willing to state that as a fact. I believe that spraying eyes,
gargling, and topical uses are the safest for her. But I don't know
enough to state that as facts either. It should be true but that
doesn't
count for much.
   I haven't seen Ken's suggestion yet. My email often arrives out of
order......
   A liver transplant recipient who is interested in alternatives
though, I'll tell her how unique she is!
Thanks anyway,
paula