Reid,
Is the Brunner's soap you use bar or liquid? I had a violent allergic reaction to the Brunner's liquid peppermint soap, but don't know if any of the others would do the same, and I'm also allergic to Ivory (yah, supposed to be impossible, right?) Both of those were skin reactions, but I don't much care to test them orally :-) I am currently using the Myrrh soap from Sallye Ander, but would appreciate hearing from anyone else trying the bar soap brushing as to what soap you are using. I also had good results from Tom's of Maine (forget which type bar it is) but the soap taste of that really lingers.
TIA,
paula

Reid Harvey wrote:

Friends,
I too have been really impressed with the bar soap brushing, and it
feels totally natural.  Now I wouldn't touch tooth paste with a ten foot
pole.  Last month I went to the dental hygienist and she too was really
impressed.  When she talked about flossing and the little proxy brush I
said 'oh yeah,' but I'm not going to do this, and expect an even better
report when I go back to the dentist.

One thing I find is that a lot of rinsing is a good idea, doing this
three times.  Also frequency is important.  Though I slacken off in the
evening I probably brush three or four times during the rest of the day,
sometimes just a light once over.  I use Brunners Castile soap and find
that the proper dilution is important, but I'm also happy to hear about
Ivory.  Thanks for that tip Jonathan.  I think it's probably a good idea
to pick and choose, just which soap, and maybe we could put together a
short list.  I recall somebody on here had a really bad experience with
antibacterial soap, that this contained some sort of pesticides.

Oh day when the jabberwocky smiles on us, not to worry about teeth and
gums.
Reid

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>