Perhaps the harmaceutical companies skewed the data forcing the FDA to determine it was harmful.

At 05:17 AM 3/22/04, you wrote:
Something to ponder: on the dmso web site linked below, Dr. Stanley Jacobs wrote:

In 1965, when the FDA halted evaluation of DMSO in the
United States, they had data in their files on more
than 100,000 patients submitted by approximately 1,500 physicians in our country showing safety and effectiveness. The pharmaceutical companies submitting the aforementioned data were Merck, Syntex, and Squibb. This occurred in
1965.

To me it is interesting that we can not say, in this case, that "the big pharmaceuticals" were the sole agents for stopping approval of DMSO for most approved medical uses. IAW, the whole mess is a lot more complicated than some might suggest.

JBB