I went to Jon Brooks website - http://www.cat007.com
and explored it thoroughly. Nowhere did I find any
claims that he was a medical doctor. If he got a "Dr."
in another field, or even through a mail-order course,
I don't know.

But the article villifying him by Chet Day used
techniques similar to those by Stephen Barret or any
other anti-holistic writer.

Much of what is on Brooks site is, in my opinion,
legitimate. Although he uses marketing techniques I
would not feel comfortable using - flamboyant phrases,
over-stating benefits, lots of exclamation points -
this does not, in my opinion, invalidate everything he
says and does, nor does it define him as a con-artist,
bent on rooking his victims.

Some of the claims made by folks on this list
concerning CS sound sometimes like what Jon Brooks
claims. I have made some of these claims myself
(Overnight Recoveries! Amazing Disappearing
Infections! Dying Pets Becoming Frisky!) Hey, we have
actually experienced these kind of things. Why do we
go out of our way to look for bad in others?

Yes, in fact, "Dr." Jon Brooks may not be all that he
appears. I don't know. But until I do know, from
evidence, not slander, I find much on his site that is
valid and beneficial to others. The fact that the IRS
and Federal marshals stormed his house is actually a
point in his favor - in my opinion - not evidence of
his rascalness. Great Scott, don't we all know of very
genuine heroes of the holistic world who have had the
same thing happen to them? Didn't Hulda Clark have
something like that happen to her? Hey, maybe Jon
Brooks has more going for him than we realize, if he
is being attacked by "the powers that be" like that?

Anyway, my concern is about how quickly and easily we
form an opinion about others based on, essentially,
hearsay. Yes, Jon Brooks may be an outright crook, a
con-artist supreme, but I have not seen enough to
bring me to that conclusion.

That's my whole two cents on this topic.

Terry Chamberlin