From: Stuff [mailto:st...@laguna.com.mx]
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 5:28 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Re: finger method cs generation

At 08:32 AM 4/9/2004 -0500, Garnet wrote:

>The lethal dose of Silver Nitrate in mice is 50 mg/kg. In humans the
>lethal dose of Silver salts is 1 gram. So yes there are risks for those
>who do not educate themselves and exercise due caution in their set up.

And yet it's used for *external* application...

"Most doctors treat newborns with silver nitrate or other medicine to keep
them from getting gonorrhea in the eyes, which can cause blindness. "

http://www.idph.state.il.us/about/womenshealth/factsheets/std.htm

What is NOT mentioned here is that it's applied to the eyes [a doctor told
me] in some fashion that I'm not
particularly aware of...on the eyeball or what?

stuff