the pulse test was used by j r rodale and written about in the 50's or 60's.
he mentioned that when he ate a meal and took a vitamin supplement
with the meal his pulse did not rise as much.

my experience is that certain food allergies will pre-load your immune system
and intensify your bodies ill effects to air borne allergies.
before i found i was a celiac, i had asthma.
after avoiding wheat entirely my asthma went away.