You would need very high doses and probably IV administration but yes
you could use MSM. And DMSO, IV or orally.

No one has experimented with these yet on WNV that I have heard of. I
certainly would use them. Since it is an encephalitis brain swelling is
a big problem. DMSO is very good for normalizing head trauma in stroke
and closed head injury.

Garnet