In a message dated 5/3/04 11:47:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
hollandsi...@charter.net writes:

> If the borer beetles are coming up from debree and or the
> soil---yes,tanglefoot would stop them.If the beetles are flying in
> then---No.

Hmmmm -- I don't know where the heck they're coming from.  All I know is that
for the past 18 years, every damn tree that I plant dies from borers
attacking it.  And I feed them well, water them in drought and spray for borers
the
way the nursery tells me to.  I've got two young Kwanzan Cherries dying in the
front yard right now.  They replaced two Dogwoods.  Which replaced two
Dogwoods.  Ad infinitum.  Borers have also badly damaged two young Maple trees,
and my
cherry (producing) tree.  I'm SO disgusted.  This year I tried Diamataceous
Earth for the first time.  Don't know if it's working or not.  Unfortunately, I
find out if the product is (not) working by the tree dying the following
year.  :-(    Thanks for the info.      MA