Dear Paul,

Thankyou for your interesting post about fungal sinusitis. I was wondering -
how do you get your CS and saline mix isotonic (i.e. the same strength as
the body fluids)? Of course, when you add CS to the saline it dilutes it and
if you put that in your nose it will be painful.

My husband has been using the method of sinus flooding you describe also
with success (though he doesn't have a fungal infection). The method he has
evolved is to make up a strong solution of salt in a dropper bottle and add
5 drops to the CS. How do you do it?

The mixture has to be used immediately and the remainder discarded because
the salt will react with the CS. A drop of 50% DMSO is also useful.

He is also considering buying a Neti Pot from the internet. A friend has
found it good for irrigating the nasal passages and sinuses. Has any one
tried it?

Best wishes,

Sheila

---