My observations indicate that it doesn't matter when you add H2O2 nor does it have a limited shelf life.
.....but don't "start" a batch with it.

Even 4 drops per pint does something eventually. It doesn't take much. Too much tastes really nasty.

PS, Peroxide also does a fine job of cleaning electrodes.
Dip them in and rinse when clean. Don't leave them in the peroxide or they'll get black again.

Ode