Voltmeter is hooked up to the electrodes [load voltage] which is between
the collector and base of one of the transistors with a 110k - 243k
resistor on the base to ground and an LED in series with the collector.
 You might have something there as there was a +/- 1/2 volt difference in
the final voltage where it leveled off [more or less] between the different
resistors.

 Without any power going to the base of the transitor, my ohm meter doesn't
register anything between the base and collector. It's not the best ohm
meter on the planet.
 I suppose I could monitor the base current.

..this is getting over my head ;-)

Ode