Thanks Garnet, this is extremely interesting! Can any of this VOCs research be
accessed through the internet?

Garnet <garnetri...@earthlink.net> wrote:The VOCs (volatile organic compounds)
that molds emit are immune
suppressive and some are carcinogenic. They can have a direct effect on
the brain and enter it through the Trigeminal and Olfactory Cranial
Nerves in the nasal septum, thus by passing the Blood Brain Barrier.

See the monograph: The First International Conference on Fungi and
Indoor Air Quality 1994. I found it on interlibrary loan at the Houston
Medical Library.

Very informative.

Garnet