Reminds me of the time my car got stuck in drive.  It would drive in neutral,
and
in reverse, it would load the engine, but I would go nowhere.  I took it to Amco
transmission, and they said it would be $300 or so to fix, no matter what the
problem was. So I said I would try to fix it first.  I drove by Amco at about 30
miles an hour, and pushed up up into reverse, the back wheels squealed for a
second, and it killed the engine.  When I restarted the engine everything worked
fine and it never failed until I traded a few years later.  I figured it would
cost me no more if it was totally destroyed so I had nothing to lose, and as it
turns out, the big "jar" was all it needed to get unstuck.

Marshall