I was going to comment on this error as well. Terry is wrong that
Sucrose is a mono-saccharide. It is a di-saccharide, check any organic
chemistry text.

The problem with sugar is that it is joined by an inverted bond that is
difficult to break. When the primary enzyme system that breaks this bond
is saturated, the alternative pathway the excess sucrose goes into
produces toxins that are damaging to all body tissues. This has been
known since the 70's.

Where did you get your information Terry?

Garnet