url: http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m71955.html

  Re: CS>re: mold
  From: Paul Holloway
  Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 22:21:04

  > I'm just  suffering  a  relapse  of mold  -  aspergillus  -  in my
  > sinuses. I  was  getting sinusitis, and  getting  other unpleasant
  > symptoms, so I did a sinus flooding with CS and washed out lots of
  > fungal hyphae.

  > Does anyone  know  for  sure that CS  will  kill  mold, especially
  > aspergillus? I'm  assuming  that   I  have  previously  killed any
  > growing mold, but that there are spores that are more difficult to
  > kill. I have started using pao d'arco as well as CS and DMSO  as a
  > nasal rinse, but I am wondering if the CS really helps.  Any ideas
  > very welcome.  I  thought I had beaten this and am  feeling  a bit
  > demoralised.

  > Paul H

  Hi Paul,

  My deepest  sympathies. I am also a mold sufferer, and  I'm  sorry I
  have no  good  news. If your immune system has  started  reacting to
  mold spores, it is too late. The damage is already done.

  If your environment is producing enough spores that they are growing
  in your  sinuses, you should move immediately. This is a  very heavy
  concentration, and it might not be possible to remedy the problem.

  Here is a section that might help explain what you are up against:

    Mold: The Whole Picture,

    Part 4: Effect of Mold on Schools, Homes, & Human Beings

    by Ellen McCrady

    "When Pasteur demonstrated in the late 1800s that  bacteria caused
    disease, it  took a long while for the public to get a  clear idea
    of what  bacteria  were  and how they did what  they  did.  In the
    1930s, many  people  thought  you  could  catch  conjunctivitis by
    looking at  someone who had an infected eye, and  even  today most
    people do  not know the best way to avoid  infections  in general.
    Still, most  people  agree on the basics: You  catch  an infection
    from other people, because a germ invades your body through broken
    skin, the  digestive system, or lungs. If it makes you  very sick,
    you go  to a doctor, who will diagnose you and maybe take  a blood
    sample to confirm his diagnosis. Then he will treat you with drugs
    or a  shot of antibiotics and other therapeutic  measures.  He may
    have to  operate. You go to bed, and if you do not  die,  you will
    get well,  though you may carry scars (smallpox)  or  be otherwise
    disabled (polio)."

    "When people  are made sick by mold, it's a whole  new  ball game.
    You do  not  catch mold spores from other people  the  way  you do
    germs. You  catch them from buildings, or the  materials  you work
    with. The  longer  or more intense your exposure,  the  sicker you
    get. What makes you sick is usually not the  organisms themselves,
    but the airborne toxins and allergens they produce. You may become
    so sick that you have to go to bed, but your doctor  will probably
    not know  how  to diagnose you and you may  look  healthy  to your
    friends. Even if you do get diagnosed, your medical insurance will
    probably not  cover your treatment expenses. If you lose  your job
    and your health, and sue the landlord to get the money for medical
    expenses and loss of income, chances are very small that  you will
    win in  court,  because it is virtually impossible to  prove  to a
    jury that your health was damaged because of mold in the building.
    Juries need the equivalent of a smoking gun, and so far,  there is
    no foolproof way to connect a moldy building with a sick person."

    "Even after  you  think you have recovered,  you  have  not gained
    immunity, as  you do after you have had chickenpox or  measles; in
    fact, you may be more vulnerable to future exposures than you were
    to start with, just as you would be after exposure to other common
    toxins, such as lead."

  http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/abbey/an/an23/an23-7/an23-702.html

  I found  CS helped remove a huge load of mold from my  lungs  when I
  first started  taking it, but it doesn't seem to have any  effect on
  the symptoms.  The  only thing that seems to help is to  move  to an
  environment that  has  a minimal amount of  spores.  As  the article
  explains, each   new   exposure   diminishes   your  health, perhaps
  permanently.

  Like you,  I  also  thought  I had beaten  it  many  times,  only to
  discover the  symptoms hitting just as hard for no  apparent reason.
  In each case, I eventually found a spot where the mold was growing.

  My latest  illness  was caused by a small patch of  water  under the
  drying tray  for the dishes. And this evening I found a spot  in the
  closet where the cold water line condenses moisture and drips  it on
  the carpet.  The  entire area is soaked  and  producing  spores like
  crazy. I'll have to pull the entire carpet and throw it away.

  If you would like, we could take this offline and I could go through
  all the things I've learned about mold. Some things might  help your
  case, such  as how to kill spores in clothing. But in  the meantime,
  from your description, I'd strongly recommend moving.

Best Wishes,

Mike Monett