"When Pasteur demonstrated in the late 1800s that
bacteria caused disease, it took a long while for the
public to get a clear idea of what bacteria were and
how they did what they did...“

“Still, most people agree on the basics: You catch an
infection from other people, because a germ invades
your body through broken skin, the digestive system,
or lungs...”

Pardon this lengthy post, but it is so relevant to our
mutual search for answers to our health issues that I
felt it was worth it. Of course, further discussion
can be moved to the off-topic list.

Louis Pasteur had it all wrong. The above description
is so bogus as to be ridiculous. Read on:

The Germ Theory
Everyone has heard of Louis Pasteur. He is considered
the father of the Germ Theory of Medicine and he
invented the process of pasteurization. Despite the
simple fact that the Germ Theory of Medicine was at
least a hundred years older than Pasteur, his
experiments that supposedly "proved" this theory have
established him as a cornerstone in Modern Medical
History.

Too bad much of his work was plagiarized and totally
unscientific.

What most of us don’t know about Pasteur is that
throughout his career, he too often doubted his
assumptions. On his deathbed, he even recanted saying
the Germ Theory was all wrong: "It’s the terrain, not
the germ."

But did we hear his last words? No. Was he speaking of
the immune system? If we have a strong immune system,
the germ doesn’t matter, does it? Wrong, he was not
speaking of the immune system. As Dr Young points out
in Sick and Tired, the immune system’s function of
fighting off germs is its secondary job. If you’re
immune system is battling off bugs, you’re driving on
a "spare tire," according to the good doctor.

The Terrain
What exactly is a healthy terrain?
Dr Young’s book introduced me to Antoine Béchamp. I
looked him up on the web and read one of his books
published there. Amazing stuff. You won’t find
Béchamp’s name in the history of medicine. He and his
work have been expurgated. When he died, his
accomplishments were listed in a journal. They took up
seven pages. Some of the things we attribute to
Pasteur were actually accomplished by Béchamp.
Even though Béchamp was a scientist, his work is very
easy to read. Scientists hadn’t yet developed their
Latin/Greek lingo that would keep the average person
on the sidelines looking in.

The first thing I read by him was a study on cats. One
group was fed cooked foods and the other was fed raw
foods. The raw foods group were much healthier than
the group fed cooked foods. By the third generation,
the young of the cooked foods group (also getting
cooked foods) did not survive into adulthood.
Is there any wonder why the Cancer Diet is 70% live
foods?

Now Béchamp was a critic of Pasteur’s. Pasteur hated
Béchamp, mainly because Béchamp was constantly finding
fault in Pasteur’s work. For instance, Pasteur’s
experiments that "proved" his germ theory were less
than scientific, according to Béchamp . Pasteur had
injected healthy animals with the blood of a sick
animal. The healthy animals got sick.

First off do I need to point out that we do not catch
germs in this fashion? I mean, if I had to get an
injection to catch a cold, I’d never catch one.
Secondly, there are too many variables in a syringe
full of a sick animal’s blood to "prove" that the
germs in the blood are making the experimental animal
sick. Béchamp made the obvious observation that
Pasteur was poisoning the blood of the experimental
animal.

Claude Bernard was also a contemporary of Pasteur’s.
On Pasteur’s deathbed, he admitted that Bernard was
right and that he, Pasteur, was wrong (though he never
mentioned his nemesis Béchamp).

Bernard is considered the Father of Experimental
medicine today. He was a physiologist. However, his
greatest achievements are entirely overlooked today.
Let me give you one example of this man’s assertions.
Amidst a group of physicians and scientists, Claude
Bernard made the statement: "The terrain is
everything; the germ is nothing," and then drank down
a glass of water filled with cholera.

There are not many scientists who are willing to risk
their lives on a theory. This we know. Claude Bernard
has few equals in the history of medicine.

Germs Do Not Cause Disease
The most telling "concept" that has ever crossed my
desk is the quotation Dr Young uses right at the
beginning of his book, Sick and Tired:

If I could live my life over again, I would devote it
to proving that germs seek their natural
habitat—diseased tissue—rather than being the cause of
the diseased tissue; e.g., mosquitoes seek the
stagnant water, but do not cause the pool to become
stagnant. Rudolph Virchow (Father of Pathology)

Do you understand the importance of this? When I read
this quotation for the first time, it hit me like a
brick. I’ve always known the terrain was the key, but
I had always thought of the terrain as the immune
system. I had had no idea that the proper terrain
alone was, by itself, enough for perfect health. Nor
had it ever occurred to me that the immune system was
merely a backup system that took over when the terrain
failed.

So, Béchamp was, in effect, telling Pasteur that his
experiments proved nothing because it poisoned the
experimental animal’s terrain, hence allowing the
germs to attack the diseased tissues caused by the
poisoning.

Before we go any further, we need to know this…
Take a banana and place it on a counter next to a
piece of cheese. Place a glass over the cheese so it
doesn't dry out too quickly. Now watch them both over
the over the next few days. What do you think will
happen? The banana starts to turn black and the cheese
begins to mold. They go bad. They rot. Now slice open
the cheese. Inside, no mold. Slice open the banana.
It's rotten inside. Smell the banana and you'll smell
a hint of alcohol. It's fermenting.

Something that perhaps only a few of you already knew
is: The cheese molds from the outside in, but the
banana rots from the inside out.
The banana was alive. The cheese is not alive.
Every living thing comes equipped with it’s own
janitorial service that goes to work when it dies.
They are programmed to clean up the mess our dead
bodies leave behind.

This is a VERY important concept for us to know and
remember, always.

Healthy Terrain
So what is healthy terrain? Béchamp began to describe
it nearly two hundred years ago, but Claude Bernard
finally put it this way. It consists of two internal
factors:
1. Alkalinity
2. Negative Electrical Charge
Contributing to a healthy terrain are two factors,
according to Bernard:
1. Nutrition
2. Toxins
One must have proper nutrition and be free of toxins
to maintain a healthy terrain. More recent studies add
one more factor contributing to a healthy terrain:

Emotions/Mental Health.

In our last newsletter we touched upon
psychoneuroimmunology with a small test that you can
take on your own (Click Here to see it). The higher
the score, the greater your chances of getting sick.
Why? Well, the higher the score, the greater your
acidity/the less your alkalinity. There is an
emotional side to our terrain. You can do everything
the books tell you to keep your body alkaline, but if
you have unchecked emotional issues, you will still be
acidic. This is the body/mind connection, or as
someone put it: emotional toxicity.

We live in a toxic society. Our food, water, air is
poisoned. Additionally, we are poisoning ourselves
with drugs, alcohol, smoke, and even the way we cook
our foods (barbecuing, microwaving).
Nearly every drug your doctor gives you causes your
body to become acidic. Every can of pop, every cup of
coffee, every teaspoon of sugar, every piece of
chicken, steak, or fish you consume causes your body
to become acidic.

The Clean-Up Crew Within
Béchamp theorized that there was a particle of life in
us, the smallest living thing on the planet, called a
microzyma. It is a plant. Scientists previous to
Béchamp had seen these little "molecular granulations"
but had no idea what they were. Gaston Naessens
discovered somatids. Are they the same thing? I think
so. Many think so. The newer powerful dark field
microscopes allow doctors and scientists to view
living tissues.

The microzymas are part of the clean-up crew that
lives within all of us.

Now, one place where modern medicine is completely off
track is in our standard blood tests. They take blood,
stain it, freeze it, and examine it.
Blood is alive. It is not a liquid, but a mobile
tissue (Béchamp was the first to describe blood thus).
The things in our blood are alive. And one thing
modern medicine does not accept is that something like
a bacterium can change into a yeast that can turn into
a fungus that can turn into a mold. We’ve talked about
this in previous newsletters; it is called
pleomorphism. Pleo meaning many and morph meaning form
or body.

Gaston Naessens has thoroughly documented the life
cycle of his somatids. As we published in our Cancer
Edition of the Wellness Directory of Minnesota,
Naessens discovered that his somatids are nearly
indestructible. They resisted blasts of radiation,
temperatures up to 392 degrees, and laughed at the
strongest acids. Naessens mapped the somatid's (or
microzyma's) pleomorphic life cycle. Others have
documented the pleomorphic changes in bacteria,
viruses, yeasts, molds and fungi.

Dr Young, the author of Sick and Tired has watched
these tiny creatures change from one to another under
a dark field microscope. He has even seen a red blood
cell turn into a bacterium and then back into a red
blood cell. Yet it might take 100 more years for
medical science recognize this fact. You will see why
shortly.

The True Definition of Disease
When does disease begin? In our culture, disease
begins at the onset of symptoms. In Chinese medicine,
disease begins much earlier. However, with the
theories of Béchamp followed by the scientific and
verifiable research of Professor Gunter Enderlein (who
basically proved all the theories of Béchamp), we now
have a new definition of disease.
Disease begins when our alkaline tissues turn acidic
and when our negative energy charge turns positive.
This is the beginning of disease.
Perhaps we should be quoting Dr Arthur C Guyton MD who
wrote the Textbook of Medical Physiology (once used in
most medical schools):

The first steps in maintaining health is to alkalize
the body (pH or acid/alkaline balance). This is one of
the most important aspects of homeostasis. Changes in
pH alter virtually all body functions. The cells of a
healthy body are alkaline while the cells of a
diseased body are below a pH of 7.0. The more acidic
the cell, the sicker we become. If the body cannot
alkalize the cells they will become acidic and thus,
disease sets in. Our bodies produce acid as a
by-product of normal metabolism. Since our bodies do
not manufacture alkalinity, we must supply the
alkalinity from an outside source to keep us from
becoming acidic and dying.

For the complete article, see:

http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/Newsletters/03_Sep.htm#Lost

Dr. Carey Reams maintained that the primary factor
affecting the body’s pH was not alkaline/acid food
“ash”, but the balance/imbalance of the various types
of calciums in the body. A person with an acid pH is
deficient in alkalinizing calciums. This is one of the
reasons Coral calcium has had such success (it is an
alkalinizing calcium). Since I started Metabolic
Biochemical testing in 1984, I’ve noticed that most
folks over the age of 40 are acidic, and that acid pH
is happening at a younger and younger age.

Terry Chamberlin