Subject: Re: CS>Gold Generator

  > Brent has  been  in business for a long time.  That's  all  I know
  > about him or his machines.

  > I bought  zinc  elecrodes from Brent a few years ago  in  hopes of
  > making CZ.  They  came fast enough. Making CZ  didn't  work  at 30
  > volts that I could tell.

  > Ode

  Hi Ken,

  I tried  zinc electrodes made from 1.5V "D" cells and  used  my 160V
  constant current generator.

  The zinc  ions leave the anode same as with CS, but as soon  as they
  reach the  cathode, they plate right back on. This leaves  the anode
  clean as a whistle, but the cathode has raised nodules all over.

  Once the  voltage  across the cell starts to flatten,  all  the ions
  leaving the anode plate back onto the cathode, and you start getting
  oxygen bubbles  generated at the anode and hydrogen at  the cathode.
  This limits  the  concentration of ions in solution.  I  don't think
  it's very high.

  It should  be possible to use the Faraday equation  and  measure the
  time until the cell voltage starts to flatten. This  should indicate
  the concentration  of  ions  left  in  solution.  I  don't  know the
  ionization constant for zinc and whether it is the same as silver or
  doubled as for copper.

Best Wishes,

Mike Monett