I recently received an interesting e-mail with and "attachment." The content of the message suggested to me the sender had some ideas about my research interests, including flax oil, which I have discussed nowhere but this list.

I was interested by the message, read it several times, and finally deduced that it was another clever spam with some kind of virus in the attachment. Bottom line: the message below is right on track, and my nagging suspicion about the e-mail I received is that someone who uses or monitors this list -- maybe just as a silent observer --- is tailoring infected messages designed to deceive. I hate to say that -- it could be mere coincidence -- but my observations correspond with those below.

JBB