Plants are great detoxifiers for indoor air. Philodendrens are one I
kept for that reason. BUT in Seattle at least having house plants was
also a source of mold since you keep the soil moist almost constantly,
well some of us who dote on our plants do. So something to think about
in your process of getting rid of mold sources, probably very hard to do
in any humid climate. I know mold levels have been off the charts this
year with all the wet weather in Central Texas.

I ran across a list of plants and what they detoxify best years ago.
Maybe a Google search would turn something up.

Garnet