Re: CS>Adding peroxide to CS
From: Marshall Dudley
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:08:25
http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m72757.html

  Hi Marshall,

  I combined  two posts to simplify things, and split  the  first para
  into separate sentences to analyze. Hope it's ok..

  > OK, I just ran a test.

  > I started with 5 ppm EIS, approximately 80% ionic.

  > I put  equal amounts into to containers, and added a few  drops of
  > H2O2 to one of them.

  > I could see no difference between, they were both crystal clear.

  > I then added a pinch of salt to both.

  > The one without H2O2 immediately formed AgCl and turned milky.

  I'm surprised you got such a fast reaction adding NaCl to 5  ppm cs.
  Normally, it takes several minutes at this concentration. You should
  get a pale blue dispersion that is barely visible unless you hold it
  in the light just the right way.

  I really  think you have a lot more that 5 ppm cs.  Can  you measure
  the ppm  with a Hanna? If so, 1 uS = 1 ppm. Are  you  using constant
  current? If  so,  you can calculate the max  ppm  using  the Faraday
  equations in Mercury.

  How do  you know the cs was 80% ionic? It usually takes a  very high
  current density to get this much oxide. For example, 3 nines  run to
  the max like this:

    http://www.utopiasilver.com/images/gen3.jpg

  > The one that had had H2O2 added to it stayed crystal clear.

  There is some very strange chemistry when NaCl is added to  H2O2 and
  high-ionic CS. Here is what happened when I tried it. I doubt I will
  ever figure out how to write the equations that describe this:

    "When H2O2  is added to the cs made with Godzilla,  the  salt test
    does nothing  for  a  few seconds. Then a  huge  cloud  of bubbles
    appears and  the salt disappears. I have never seen  this reaction
    before."

    "I repeat  the  same test over and over until I am  almost  out of
    salt. The  same  thing  happens.   Then  finally  I  get  a strong
    dispersion."

    http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m61977.html

  Now, I was getting pretty high ppm with Godzilla, and the  salt test
  went haywire  with  H2O2.  So this is another  reason  I  think your
  figure of 5 ppm is way too low.

  > I can think of only 2 possibilities for this:

  > 1. Silver ions were reduced to a colloid of silver atoms.
  > 2. Silver ions became silver oxide, and it dissolved.

  Marshall, there  are a lot more possibilities, but please  write the
  balanced equations!  This will tell you if something is  possible or
  not:)

  Also note silver chloride dissolves in ammonia:

    AgCl + 2 NH3 --> Ag(NH3)2+ + Cl-

  This might  be  an additional diagnostic test  if  the  H2O2 doesn't
  interfere.

  Re: CS>Adding peroxide to CS
  From: Marshall Dudley
  Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:19:31
  http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m72758.html

  > OK, I  have  confirmed that converting silver  chloride  to silver
  > oxide is  exothermic,  which means that the silver  oxide  is more
  > stable.

  Marshall, this  is  very interesting. If  silver  chloride  does not
  dissolve in the stomach, does this mean silver oxides are  even more
  inacessible to the body?

  According to  various web sites I came across, silver ions  are from
  hundreds to  thousands of times more effective than  silver chloride
  in killing bacteria. I believe your information shows the oxides are
  inert, and  therefore have no effect in the body  except  perhaps to
  contribute to argyria.

  > Thus possibility 2 of the previous message is not eliminated  as I
  > had hoped it would be.

  > See http://www.finishing.com/195/29.html

  > This article  also gives some  extremely  interesting information.
  > Dextrose will reduce silver oxide to silver metal! Honey  is about
  > 50% dextrose  (aka glucose), so that may be why  some  people feel
  > that adding  a  drop of honey when making CS is  a  good  idea, it
  > converts any silver oxide formed to silver particles.

  Fascinating - where do you dig up this information?

  > So, according  to  this,  one should be able  to  convert  all the
  > silver ions in EIS to silver atoms and silver particles  by adding
  > H2O2, and if that gives AgO, adding a little glucose, or honey.

  How do we make a test that will show this? (And how do we  write the
  equations:)?

  > Marshall

Best Wishes,

Mike Monett