There should be a low tech alternative to this that could be done at
home. Does anyone remember the mood rings, they change color with the
slightest change in temperature. It seems that if one had a sheet of
liquid crystal film tuned to the skin temperature of a person, then it
could easily show very slight changes in the temperature when pressed up
to a breast.  Of course the FDA would never approve it, just like they
forced the film one could use on the breast to make detecting a tumor
easier since it was costing the doctors money.

Marshall