For those wishing to increase their antioxidant capacity.

Antioxidant quality can be determined by ORAC scores
(ORAC - Oxygen radical absorbance capacity)

The following information might be helpful:

From:  Brunswick Laboratories (Wareham, MA)

Brunswick Laboratories in co-operation with Dr. Ronald Prior at the U. S.
Department of Agriculture are responsible for the development of the ORAC
assays.

The ORAC test is a reliable and recognized standard for the antioxident
capacity of natural products which measure the ability of a substance to
absorb, or quench, the peroxyl radical, one of the most important reactive
oxygen species in the human body.

Comparative hydrophilic ORAC analysis with a variety of food products.

Product            ORAC 1 per 6 oz        ORAC 2 per 100 grams
Berry Young Juice2    1,200            3,900
Xango2                         550            1,840
Tahaitian Noni 2           500            1,710
Himalayan Goji2           400            1,350
Note:
1. micromales Trodox equivalent
2. Test conducted on a single sample of unopened retail product
These vales represent the antioxidant capacity of the prducts tested per one
fluid ounce serving and per 100 grams.

Christine
Contact me off line if you want to know about BYJ.

From: Sally Khanna <khann...@yahoo.com>

In the study of herbal medicine, I was taught that miso can counter act the
effects of x-rays.
Many people I know take lots of miso soup after x-rays.

Sally

Paul Holloway <p.j.hollo...@btinternet.com> wrote:
I agree that early detection is a good thing - thermography will detect
breast cancer earlier than mammography, with zero risk.
http://www.breastthermography.com/
Those who decide to go ahead with a mammography might consider taking large
doses of antioxidants before and after to reduce free radical damage caused
by radiation.
It's hard to balance harm against benefit in screening tests like this.
That's why I think it's a shame that thermography isn't in wider use.

Paul H