Last time I started getting strep throat I took my cs with a small amount of
DMSO, maybe less than 1 part DMSO/9parts cs. I found gargling this mixture
quickly killed the virus/bacteria and the pain much quicker than cs alone. CS
works wherever it reaches, unfortunately it often does not penetrate deep into
the tissues. Sometimes cerain bacteria will burrow into the tissues and cause
pain in that area. It seems to me that strep does this based on my personal
experience in fighting off these nasty bugs. The gatorade works too but maybe
not quite as well as DMSO. The downside is many folks can't deal with the taste
and smell of DMSO. When I'm in pain and on the edge of getting strep I go for
the cs/DMSO mixture.
Steve