Some herbs are better than others.  I prefer Nature's Way Standardized
(Purple Cap) to their regular herbal formulas with the Yellow Cap.  When
we've tried to fight colds/infections they get nowhere unless we used the
Standardized Purple Cap.  Make sure to take multiple times a day.  The
earlier you start, the earlier it's over.  Don't forget to add raw garlic,
use a huge clove, chop up and swallow as you would any pills, repeating each
evening.

One note of caution:  last year my husband was ill, thought it was a cold,
went on for weeks, turned out it was bronchitis, although there was NO cough
involved.  Recently, his sister was in the hospital with chest pains, they
couldn't figure out what was wrong with her.  A few days after they sent her
home they figured out she had pneumonia.  It is worthwhile to go to the
doctor to get correct diagnosis.

On another but related topic, yesterday I visited with a traditional Chinese
Medicine herbalist.  A friend of mine recently went to him.  She was so
depressed that after she'd take her son to school, she'd go home, get back
into bed, and keep the room dark.  She went to him and in 7 days felt
"normal" for the first time in weeks.  During her visit and mine, he told us
exactly what we knew was wrong with us.  It wasn't exactly cheap.  But as my
friend said, I'd rather spend $100 with him than at the doctors.  I plan on
bringing my child with acne there.  The TCM herbalist said "antibiotics
work, clear up the skin good, you stop taking it and skin worse than
before".  Already I'm feeling better.

Cindy