I purchased the Jacob Lab 60% DMSO low odor product, and it says "topical use". I haven't gotten around to calling them to ask if this means it is not to be used internally. Applied topically, it does not cause the BO or bad breath for me, but it does have a very nasty chemical odor of its own that I find bothers me a lot. My husband is used to the smell of small shot glasses of diluted regular DMSO on the bathroom vanity, but when I had a little glass of diluted Jacob lab stuff sitting out, came asked me what the awful smell was. I find it very unpleasant to use also, as it has glycerin added in addition to the urea, and it leaves the skin feeling sticky for quite some time after application, even though I use it diluted to approx 20% with CS. All in all I am quite disappointed in it for myself, and it was many times more expensive than regular DMSO. For me I will probably go back to taking chlorophyll but am out, and can't find it locally.
  If I find out if it is safe or not for internal use, I will post.
sol

Garnet wrote:

No I don't really have any other good ideas. I don't know how they mix
it and it may be a proprietary process. If you buy it from
www.jacoblab.com it does help support their research and publishing
efforts.
Garnet