I have had batches turn yellow at high ppm on my SG6 ~20ppm but if I
keep it around 10 ppm it is fine. Also if I have inadvertently sprayed a
cleaning product, I use vinegar and water, sometimes ammonia and water
(rarely), in well water, it would not take much over spray to
contaminate a batch. There is an tight seal between the generator and
the top of the jar, but it sits inside the wide mouth jar lid not
outside a narrow mouth. Also I may have touched the electrode in
cleaning, I have learned to be very carefully not to let it contact
anything but the tissue I use to clean it. I have had zero yellow
batches since I learned to avoid the above sources of contaminants.

Garnet