I use PET bottles to collect the distilled water I make because it fits
the set up. For my CS I do use half gallon glass canning jars. I keep
the box they come in and store my CS in the boxes in the pantry. That
way I always have it on hand for a high need situation and I can also
share if someone I know gets sick. They cost $1.59 per jar at my local
Ace Hardware, with six I get a box that stacks well and does not take up
shelf space since I can put them on the pantry floor. I doubt that PET
bottles are any cheaper, but they are lighter and have handles.

Garnet