Mycoplasma has been around a very long time. The microcrysatlline that
can hide in cells may be genitically manipulated. DMSO and CS will kill
it. CS can only kill it if it can get to it, the DMSO helps there.

Viruses are an entirely different organism, cannot reproduce on their
own, must take over the cells machinery to make more viruses.

Garnet