The FDA also allows silver in decorations.

http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/humannutrition/_fndigest/1996/marapr96.htm

Q. Are those little decorative silver balls that are put on cupcakes and
things safe?
A. The FDA has a fact sheet on Dragees (their actual name) and states that
"We have no evidence of harm to health from the extremely small quantity of
silver in the coating. Therefore, the FDA has not objected to the presence
of silver on these decorations when they are used as a cake decoration."
(RB)

Marshall