i'm glad you posted this. you are correct, that to easily get the fda's attention, just make a claim of any "cure" or benefit that any product that you sell might bring a person. but,,, take the time to research this move coming out the new EU, to control "supplements", warmly known as CODEX ALIMENTARIOUS. if it passes in europe, then, under the rules of the World Trade Organization, "them theys" will demand that we (sovereign U.S. citizens) will have to follow all the restrictions that they will place on europe, so that there will be no advantage (or disadvantage) in marketing by the big pharmeceutical companies, (both EU and US). we (the people) probably have less than a year to turn this back. it is do-able, if we take the time.

Ed Kasper wrote:

This may be going a bit off topic but if the FDA - Food Drug Adim - why
don't they take a closer look at dietary supplements - like the Chinese
herbs, etc that I sell. I know they look at supplements but it seems very
vague. As I said they did look over my site but their concern was in the use
of herbs specially Ginseng in the treatment of a disease - Diabetes and in
CS applied topically) Ginseng could not be marketed as a product for
treating diabetes. If it did treat diabetes then in the FDA would/will (in
their words) classify Ginseng as a new drug and I would need a federal
license to dispense the herb (new drug). They did not see me in violation
for selling ginseng - a dietary supplement - in the treatment of thirsting
and wasting disease (a TCM defined disorder that resembles diabetes in signs
and symptoms). I could sell CS as a dietary supplement - but not for the
treatment of a disease.

My apologies for going off subject but the FDA invites my curiosity.
Thanks for responses.
ed