There's no debate that ozone is an oxidizer of organic materials..ie 'burns' them and produces byproducts.

Sometimes burning things a little is more therapeutic than not burning them, some byproducts may be relatively beneficial and some toxic compounds can be neutralized by burning them, but do ozone and you WILL wind up minus some tissue..gauranteed.
It's like chemo where the idea is to stress all the tissues and hopefully the weakest ones die off first without killing too many strong ones.
Just enough does a job 'for' you..too much does a job 'on' you.
It all depends on what you're trying to do, how, on what and how fast.

Toxicity is always relative. Water can be a deadly toxin.
Xtacy [the drug] is not a deadly toxin but it supresses the thirst reponse and people die of over or under hydration. It's the water that kills.

Ozone is ozone is ozone like ions are ions. You can't make good or bad O3 or half an ion.

The only possible difference is amount, environment and application.
It is possible to make toxic oxidized compounds...but that is no longer ozone.

Ozone at levels you can't even detect WILL eventually eat the tires off your car and the rubber cord off your drill. I've had to replace many drill and saw cord for that reason. But, they don't heal like people do.

If you burn your grass with a flame thrower and manage to not cook the roots too much, the surface baddies will die and the grass grows back greener. The grass wins.

I can imagine where ozone could stimulate a healing by telling the body in no uncertain terms that it's time to do so. Many responses depend on crossing tolerance thresholds. [At what point is the bathwater too hot to stay in? The parameters of decision vary with the individuals tolerance. Any action depends on a decision to act.]

PS, that irritation of the lungs when ozone is inhaled is dying lung tissue. It probably grows back, maybe better and cleaner than before, but caution is paramount. The stuff can also kill or badly damage you pretty quick.
Ozone kills living organics..it oxidizes dead and living organics without prejudice [period] Useful? Maybe. But it is by no means a benign substance.
The ONLY question is, does it kill the badies faster than you grow back the goodies? If it does, you win. If it doesn't....
Concentration and application strategy makes the difference.

Ode