Thanks for that info, sol:

............but I wonder about the conclusion,  that the cs doesn't have
a whole lot of impact in the colon. This is from my own 'labwork', my own
body.

I am semi-retired; drive a school bus about 4 hrs per weekday; I didn't
keep any records, but starting around the first of this year, I was
ingesting about a gal. of cs/gatorade [i'd sa 'atleast'], the mix being
APPROX  3qts Gatora, 1qt cs [6-8ppm ish]. After 3 to 4 weeks of being
quite regular with it, I realized my eliminations had become quite loose
and herx like; my sense was that the good flora was being killed off;
that my digestion was not being complete.

I stopped the cs, continued with the GA, did acidophilus caps big-time,
and after several days, my digestion/system seemed to balance out, the
stool returned to what's normal for me.

I'm sad that I didn't keep a log on all this 'cause I am to the age where
'senior moments' are main events and I am sure I've lost some important
detail to my experimentation..... but my sense is the cs did get to the
intestinal flora and [in tech. terms] screwed up that part of my
digestive process.

I am still a big-time GA chugger and I plan to add the cs back again in a
while and I will try to keep better data.

.........comments anyone??           davido

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:48:53 -0700 sol <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com> writes:
> http://library.thinkquest.org/22016/digestion/?tqskip1=1
> http://distance.stcc.edu/BIOL102/Lectures/lesson13/humandig.htm
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digestion