Paul,

I would suggest that you spend a few hours learning about Essential Microorganisms.

Start here:  http://www.eminfo.info/

You can get all the information you need for free. It is possible that EM will clear up the problem, but you will have to educate yourself before experimenting. The time will be well spent. Note that you are responsible for your own actions and decisions regarding EM, which, except for EMX, is not approved for human consumption.

I have no financial interests.

JBB