FYI iodine sublimates when heated i.e. it goes from solid directly to gas. Presumably resublimated means that it has been vaporized and cooled.

Best wishes,

Paul H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Harris" <yr...@cfl.rr.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Cc: "Richard Harris" <yr...@cfl.rr.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 4:01 PM
Subject: RE: CS>purification of water

Hi Himagain,

Thank you for ALL the excellent information and the wonderful sense of humor
you continually share with "us seekers"!

This article for water purification is especially applicable in the tsunami areas together with CS. My "Principles of Pharmacy" textbook 4th edition by Arny & Fischeles describes Resublimation as: "Iodine is a blue-black, metallic-appearing, solid, insoluble in water, but soluble in a solution of potassium iodide, in alcohol, in ether and chloroform, the solution in the two last solvents having a pink to purple color according to concentration. It is quite volatile, hence it must be preserved in well-closed bottles, and by reason of its volatility it is usually purified by sublimation, hence the trade name of the best quality of iodine is "resublimed iodine". Gould's Medical Dictionary, 5th edition, describes "Resublimation: The process of subliming a drug for the second time." None of my more recent reference books index the term. Thanks again, Himagain, for this opportunity for a
long-time Pharmacist to share.