If your CS was made using nothing but distilled water and silver, there's
nothing in there that is photo reactive.
 You can sit it in the sunlight in clear glass and it won't change.
 The particulates in EIS [CS] refract light differently than the lack of
particles in distilled water when in the same plastic container. The
translucency of the container itself plays a role in the dark appearance.
 CS will look darker than distilled water when in a distilled water jug.
It may darken further as more particles form in very fresh stabilizing  CS.
 Sometimes contaminants in that plastic can react with CS and make it go
yellow or brown that don't react with the distilled water. Rare but not
unheard of.
 Plastic is more permeable than glass and can absorb contaminants more
easily, but even glass can as well.
 Ever try to get the smell of stale beer out of a beer bottle?

 I've had contaminated glass instantly flash a month old batch of CS to
muddy brown  even after washing and rinsing it with distilled water
multiple times.  [Rare, but not unheard of]
 There's no telling what has impregated an old 'chemical soup' wine bottle.
[If it works, it works]
 Old gin and vodka bottles seem to be OK.
Ode