Re: CS>Argyria cure
From: Tony Moody
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:49:28
http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m76893.html

  [...]

  > I make  and  sell  the ColSilGen cc which  is  a  colloidal silver
  > generator with  constant current set at 1mA and using a  single 9v
  > battery. Two silver rods 2.5mm diameter and 75mm long  and clamped
  > at 10mm spacing. Basically the advice is two to three  minutes per
  > 250ml of water or 40 to 60 minutes per 250ml for  distilled water.
  > 1 teaspoon  per  day  up to 3 tablespoons,  three  times  per day,
  > depending on  circumstances. That is max of 135ml  per  day (about
  > 1/2 a cup). 1/3 to 1/2 the dose to babies or children.

  > Is it  dose related? I have taken CS as drinking water  for  a few
  > days, (2  to  3  litre per day on a desert  hiking  trip)  with no
  > remarkable effects. Is it related to the water treatment?

  > I would really like to know.

  > regards,
  > Tony

  Hi Tony,

  Silver electrolysis should only be done with pure distilled water.

  For plain water, and assuming your constant current source goes into
  full limiting as soon as current is applied, a current of 1mA  for 3
  minutes  in   250ml   will   liberate   1.609ppm   of   silver ions.
  (Calculations provided at the end.)

  This is an insignificant amount of silver, and most of the ions will
  probably combine with various contaminants in the water.

  If you  are  relying  on this  to  protect  you  against water-borne
  disease, I'd  recommend boiling, or any of the other  proven methods
  for purifying water.

  It is  not possible to calculate the amount of  silver  liberated in
  your distilled  water example, since the voltage across the  cell is
  too low.  The initial resistance of the dw will allow  only  a small
  current to  flow.  The  current  will build  up  slowly,  but  it is
  doubtful the  current limiter will go into full limiting  during the
  brew cycle.

  Since we  do not know the average current, we  cannot  calculate the
  amount of silver liberated.

Best Regards,

Mike Monett

  The following uses Roger Schafly's Mercury Solver, available at

  http://archives.math.utk.edu/software/msdos/calculus/mrcry209/.html

  Conversion Factors
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Coulombs     = I * Seconds            ; total number of Coulombs
  CoulombsGram = 107.868 / 96485        ; Coulombs per gram of silver
  Grams        = CoulombsGram * I * Seconds ; Faraday's equation
  Litres       = Millilitres / 1000     ; convert millilitres to litres
  Milligrams   = Grams * 1000           ; convert grams to milligrams
  ppm          = Milligrams / Litres    ; 1 ppm is 1 milligram per litre
  Seconds      = Hours * 3600 + Minutes * 60 ; get seconds

  Parameters
  ~~~~~~~~~~
  I           = 1e-3                    ; current in Amperes
  Minutes     = 3                       ; minutes
  Millilitres = 250

  Results
  ~~~~~~~
  Coulombs     = 0.360