On 17 Jan 2005 at 15:13, Mike Monett wrote:

> Re: CS>Argyria cure
> From: Tony Moody
> Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:12:58
> http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m76924.html
>
>   > Hi Mike,
>
>   > If I had to use only good distilled water I wouldn't have  any CS.
>   > Exorbitantly expensive and a round trip of 350km and tastes/smells
>   > like diesel. If I was selling CS and wanted shelflife then I would
>   > go the route of making a double or triple distiller.
>
>   You mentioned  using  dw  in  your  first  post.  Strange  it  is so
>   difficult to  get.  Are  there  any  power  plants  nearby  that use
>   deionized water for their boilers? How about hospitals? Can you have
>   it shipped to you?

Yes that was many years ago while I lived in a city. Not so strange
really; this is South Africa. The nearest operating powerplant is about
1200km and is nuclear, so I'll skip that. The other one is about
2000km the other way and those are coalfired. Anyway I wouldn't
touch boiler condensate because it has all sorts of stuff including
chloramines in it. Hospitals; I try not to go near them.

>   > Yes, I  estimated 2 to 5ppm for 2 to 5 minutes. So we  are  in the
>   > order of  magnitude  there.  :-) If 2 to 5 ppm  works  and  is not
>   > harmful in any way then why go higher??
>
>   How do  you  know  it  works?  Probably  most  of  it  combines with
>   contaminants in the water and is not available to kill bugs.

Well it really works very well topically on wounds, scalds and zits.
and fairly well on herpes infections ( I think it needs to be applied
often to work to completion.)  It is an excellent underarm deodorant
but doesn't last long enough for me. It stops BO immediately. It is
really good and quick for settling upset stomach due to bad food. It
works on colds if taken soon enough and often enough.

>   You seem  to be strong and healthy, and have not  yet  experienced a
>   life-threatening infection.  So  you are not yet aware  of  your own
>   mortality.

I'm offended by your judgements and assumptions. I'm certainly not
going to get into a little pissing contest comparing wounds and
diseases with you.

>   I used  to  be  like you, but things  change  as  we  have different
>   experiences and  grow  older.  You begin to see  what  can  go wrong
>   instead of expecting everything will work fine.

Umm, I'll just ignore this.

>   > And if  I am drinking the water anyway, can adding some  silver to
>   > it make  it  worse? From my point of view  adding  some  silver is
>   > better than doing nothing.
>
>   Do a  google  search on purifying water for hikers.  There  are some
>   extremely dangerous  bugs out there. The small amount of  silver you
>   are adding won't have any effect on them. You are deluding yourself.
>
>   > I notice that you have no parameter for electrode spacing; nor for
>   > agitation or flowrate past the electrodes. Both are very important
>   > practical considerations  in  my  view.  As  important  as current
>   > density, which also does not seem to appear in your calcs either.
>
>   I was  the  one who alerted the list to  the  importance  of current
>   density in  my  ULVDC posts several years ago. I  have  included the
>   full conversion factors at the end for your use. However, I  did not
>   feel it would be worth the time to convert your metric dimensions to
>   inches. Electrode spacing is of no concern in your system  since you
>   use water with unknown conductivity. Current flow has no  effect  on
>   the maximum available ppm.

Mike, I think you are deluding yourself. There was a heated debate
involving many able people and all parameters many years before
you made an appearance on this list. I saw "use less than
10.7uA/mm^2" in an email from Ole Bob well before the end of 1999.

>   Your system  is out of control. You have no idea  what  your initial
>   current is,  and it will change every time you dip your  glass  in a
>   stream. You  have no tests to confirm it is working, or  if  you are
>   actually getting any useful silver ions from the brew. You should at
>   least do a milk test to see the effect of your cs.

Mike, You do not know what you are talking about. I remain offended
by your assumptions.

Tony