Dan Nave wrote:

> Well, another flu pandemic "will" surely happen.  "When" is another
> question.

Sure it will, but he did not say any flu, but said that it would be a certain
mutation from a certain virus that birds carry.

> I have reasonable confidence that biologists are now more able to
> understand some of the vectors and conditions that lead to the creation
> of a flu that becomes pandemic in our population.  The conditions for
> this happening are occurring.  This is mostly a matter of facts, a
> practical matter, not a philosophical or political matter.
>
> Where you get millions and billions of years is beyond me...

I am sure these birds with that virus have been around for millions or billions
of
years, yet this predicted mutation has not occurred yet. Birds and viruses are
not a
new to this earth.

> Next year... etc...

That is what I heard the NIH scientist they were interviewing said, it would be
within a year.

>  It's happened at least 3 times in the 20th century.

That is incorrect.  I know for a fact that the worse one was a swine flu, not
related to that specific bird virus they indicated it would come from.  I am not
saying we will not have new flus, I am sure we will, what I am unconvinced
about is
that they can say that a certain virus that has not mutated yet in birds will
do so
within the year when it has not happened since the creation of that virus and
birds.  Statistically this is very unlikely to happen naturally.

> You need to
> listen to someone who presents the well reasoned arguments and reasons
> for this position, not some male or female bimbo who flunked out of
> science class and has never heard of statistics who is reporting on your
> local TV station...

The person I recall being interviewed was a researcher at NIH.  He may have
been a
bimbo, not much way to tell.  It is unlikely however that he flunked out of
science
class and got a job with NIH. They normally require graduate education.

Can you give me one way in which a virus that has been around for probably
millions
of years in birds that have been around for millions of years and have not
mutated
this way will mutate into a specific flu within the next year, one that the
pharms
already making a vaccine for?  I just don't see how this is possible, except to
the
extent that there may be a chance of one in several trillion and they get really
lucky.  The only way I can see this as a possibility is if the pharms are using
psychics that know DNA, or going into the future to get material from people who
have gotten this yet to have occurred flu.  Neither of those possibilities seem
likely to me.

> Even if you don't believe in the effectiveness of vaccine, this does
> not debunk the fact that there may be a serious flu epidemic in the near
> future.

Why do you keep coming back to this? This is not an arguing point, no one is
disputing this.  I am SURE there will be more than one serious one some time in
the
future.  It may be in the next year. It may even be a bird flu. But I am not
convinced it will be exactly the one that they are making vaccines for that
does not
exist yet. Statistically that should be almost impossible, unless they are
planning
on  releasing it after the vaccines are made into the general population.
(Interestingly a couple of weeks ago one of the Medical Investigation episodes
was
about such intentional releases of 2 new flu strains by a pharm researcher.)
BTW, I
DO have a strong statistics background.

> As far as Michael Osterholm and his presentation.  He is well known in
> Minnesota for his work in public health and I don't believe his
> integrity is in question.  However, I do feel that he is presenting the
> worst case scenario in order to increase public awareness in the hopes
> that the public will apply pressure on government to get ready for what
> he feels is a real problem and to provide for those things which he
> feels will help allay the problem...

A little EIS on hand, and it should not be a problem for most people.  But on
the
one hand they suppress that information, and on the other they pander fear for
those
who don't know about EIS and other natural ways to stop or minimize it.

Marshall