Hi Betsy,

the herpes and cold sores can often be cauesed by too much arginine in the
diet. I rarely got cold sores but last years I had one twice, as I took a
liking to some honey roasted peanuts, and after eatnig about a pound or two in
about a weeks time I got a cold sore. there are certain food that are high in
arginine and eating too much of them will trigger the cold sore and herpes.
Arginine triggers viral replication. Lysine inhibits it.
I did it twice in a row before I figured out what was going on. so now I dont
eat peanuts are very many almonds either. got a cold sore after eatnig a bunch
of almond butter also.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Arginine+lysine+herpes

Take care,