It really depends on the stability. I have seen some EIS settle out at
least somewhat after a couple of months, and have seen other stay fully
in colloidal and dissolved form for years.  I believe that generally the
more clear and less color it has, the less likely it is to precipitate
out.  But other things like impurities in the water and for some EIS
exposure to light can also have an effect.

You can evaluate it pretty easily though.  See if there is any black or
dark gray settlement on the bottom, and use a laser to check that the
tyndall is still there.

Marshall