From: Betsy Coffey [mailto:latimergi...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:22 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>heart disease and high blood pressure

Since we are on the subject of heart disease I wanted
to bring up something I just recently read about. I am
not sure what used to be classified as "high blood
pressure" but I read a report stating that they have
lowered the readings for high blood pressure. 140 top
number is now classified as in the high range and it
formerly was not. I do not know what the former range
was.Does anyone know? The reason(according to the
article) for lowering the numbers is to prescribe more
blood pressure meds to people for monetary reasons. I
think that these drugs have some very bad side effects
and I would want to try alternative things first. Is
there a reason why the fda would outlaw Red Yeast if
it helps? Is this for monetary reasons as well?