Yvonne,
I use a mixture of 1 oz CS (my homemade approx 10-20 ppm), 1 tsp pure msm crystals, and 3 drops of 99% pure DMSO mixed in a 1oz glass dropper bottle (glass dropper, too) for ear infections. As you know, it is always important to make sure that there is no perforation/rupture of the eardrum befure putting anything in the ears. Before droppering it into ears, I set the bottle in a custard cup of hot water for a few minutes to bring it up to about body temperature. I use a dropperful in each ear, then hold the ears straight up and massage the base of the ear briefly so the fluid gets wel into the ear canal, then release and let the animal shake out his ears. 1 to 3 times a day. Feedback from others who have used this recipe for ear drops says it is very effective, which is my experience with it. Us humans use the same recipe as nose drops, and I also use it for nebulizing (pets and people).
HTH,
sol

Yvonne wrote:

I'm trying the CS now on her ears. She is a Cocker Spaniel and they are an ongoing problem. I'm taking the CS myself for arthritis and it seems to be helping.