Dear Thom,

               Please do not be discouraged by the dialogues on "Ionic versus
Particulate" silver.....
both types have---beyond question----been confirmed to evince excellent control
over a large number of pathogenic insults (both bacterial and viral), by our
research staff.  We have have access to and activities by, scholars,
researchers, and academics equal to that of a consequential number of
prestigious (by general acceptance) University staffs....currently extant.  Our
research has, categorically, confirmed that it is quite DIFFICULT to
manufacture an electrically isolated colloidal silver THAT IS NOT EFFECTIVE as
a bacterial/viral control agent......even when using many "contaminated water
sources".  While certainly not a recommended procedure, I would not hesitate to
use rain-based runoff water....if a life-threatening event left me no other
viable choice.
                 I do not wish to take sides in any adversarial exchange on
this list, but feel compelled to say, "man should be allowed dogmatism on one
basis, at least.....that being personal experience".  We in the
Academic/scientific community have too-long sequestered unto ourselves, via
self-appointment, the position of sole-purveyors of superior knowledge (some
even claim wisdom)....a dangerous
activity at best.  Ingersol, I believe, made an interesting comment (in one of
his more iconoclastic moments) once....." Educated experts gather to declaim an
invention or achievement is impossible, while the untaught genius accomplishes
this impossibility-----if too many experts gather frequently enough;  progress
may cease altogether."   I certainly do not mean to denigrate my chosen
profession in this life, but do sometimes encounter sadness when my fellows
choose to use their technical/educational advantage as a "Coward's
Castle".....feeling supremely confident their intellectual superiority
insures against any "real" reprisal---from lesser mortals.
                    The failure in this situation, as I see it, is that we
often (in academia) allow our
subconscious desire to "impress", to overcome our declared purpose to "express"
the knowledge we hold so dear.  Those possessing useful knowledge are, forever,
under a moral mandate to share it....in the most simple and direct terms
available to them.  You, Thom, are the one on the high ground.....if only
because of your honest desire to learn....with no strings attached.
                     This epistle comes by way of my personal apology for the
times in life I have allowed personal imperfection to enable me in similar
self-indulgences.
                                Sincerely,  Brooks Bradley.