Mike et al,

I contacted Stephen Quinto yesterday via email to ask him about the test since I was not sure what I was reading on his site. Here is what he told me today

"There was NO media in the challenge. I don't suppose anyone carefully read the propocol. The challenge was carried out in pure lab-quality water for a very short period, minutes. The results were immediately plated out ON the media, not in it, so that if there were any survivors amongst the bacteria then they would have a nutrient to feed off and redevelop."

This seems to change everything once more doesn't it? I had thought this was the question when I posted this a couple of days ago.

"Since I'm only an amateur at culture work (used to culture mushroom strains)
I fail to see why the test isn't valid.  It seems he is trying to show that
when Staph is mixed with dilute hydrochloric acid and further mixed with
dilute silver of colloidal and ionic content that one set of cultures had a
better kill rate.  I wasn't aware the test involved growing onto the plate.
I thought the plates were used only because they were a sterile medium that
would not inhibit growth and would not influence the kill rate.  What am I
missing here?

So, is the debate still an open one? I think so. Stephen also says he has done some other studies. Here is what he said.

"We are currently doing a lot of 3rd party work, including comparative bacteriology, the results of which will blow everyone away anyway. The early results show Argentyn to be, on average, at least two logs superior to any of the competitive brands, including mesosilver. BTW, two logs means 100x! We're also doing third party TEM work at Georgia State, which will also confirm recent work we did at U of Miami. I think we'll publish the U of Miami Med School work now too."

Trem
www.silvergen.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "M. G. Devour" <mdev...@eskimo.com>