Re: CS>complicated explanations about cs
From: Jonathan B. Britten
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:15:17
http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m79187.html

  > Betsy,

  > I feel  confident in saying the following, from a long  time spent
  > on this  list,  and  I  am sure that  no  one  on  the  lists will
  > contradict me:

  > Quality, home-made  electrically  isolated  silver,  made  using a
  > well-made low-voltage  device  such as the  Silvergen  SG6  or the
  > SilverPuppy works very well.

  > These devices produce both ionic and colloidal silver in  an 80/20
  > or 90/10 ratio, approximately.

  > This is  a  dispute  about which is the  active  (or  more active)
  > component. It is a very contentious dispute, with many facts going
  > back and  forth.  It  is difficult for  anyone  lacking  a  PhD in
  > colloid chemistry to follow.

  > If you  make  EIS and check with a simple  laser  pointer  for the
  > "Tyndall effect" you will see a veritable constellation  of silver
  > particles in homemade EIS. It is like the Milky Way.  If particles
  > are the  essential component, there are plenty of  them.  If ions,
  > there are far more of those, though you can not see them.

  > Even scientist  Frank Key, an advocate of  particles,  states that
  > quality EIS  is effective insofar as it contains  particles, which
  > it does, and that the ionic component, which he says become silver
  > chloride, is not a serious risk factor for argyria.

  > If you  want  to  get rid of the ionic component  -  which  is not
  > something you  need  to  do  - there is  a  simple  method  in the
  > archives for  using salt to do so. Ignore this unless you  want to
  > do some experimenting.

  > This information  should  be helpful to you, I think.  I  tried to
  > keep it short and sweet.

  > JBB

  Hi Jonathan,

  This is an excellent outline of the basic issues. However,  there is
  new information on particles that should be considered.

  Contrary to   long-held   assumptions,   the   black/brown particles
  produced during silver electrolysis are silver hydroxide. These show
  up as  Tyndall effect, coat the electrodes with  a  soft black/brown
  powder, and give the characteristic yellow tint to cs.

  Silver hydroxide is inert and insoluble. It has no biological value.
  Please see

  http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m79117.html
  http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m78851.html

  Thus, the  only component in cs that has any value is the  ions. The
  higher the ion content, the better it works.

Mike Monett