I used to work for Prof Goodwin who was involved with the original research of
H pylori in Perth, Western Australia, and typed up the papers for the renaming
of Campylobacter pylori to Helicobacter pylori, and all the interesting
description of the little bug.  He is retired now, but if I ever come across
items about substances recommended for fighting H pylori I send them along to
him.  The latest I sent was a piece on coconut oil.  This time he responded
with one he had come across - a study in China trialling cranberry juice (the
results of which were stated to be "significant").

The medication being used in a trial carried out while I was there was in fact
a bismuth preparation by a Dutch firm whose name I forget, but who also
manufactured some dried yeast for breadmaking I bought once.  I recall while
these trials were going on (about 1989) that I re-read "The Thirty Nine Steps"
(I think it was, same author, anyway) in which there was an American with an
ulcer who used to suck a bismuth preparation.  HIs ulcer was cured by the end
of the story.  I showed it to the Prof, who was quite impressed that the author
had come up with this, given what was going on at the time at great expense.

Elsewhere someone recommended Homozon:
http://www.choosecra.com/htmlpages/homepage/prodinfo/otherprods/homozon.html
"Here you will read about Homozon, a convenient and inexpensive
do-it-yourself form of oxygen therapy that has been in use for more than 100
years. H. pylori does not seem to develop a resistance to O1. It hasn't yet in
100 years!"
(Cute statement - they've only been able to study the bug for less than 20
years).

Also someone on this list recommended Xylitol.

Rowena

I cured my ulcer with Pepto Bismal alone. (no antibiotics)  It took about a
month.. I just took a tablespoon every four hours, or when I thought about
it... Many years before I knew about CS.
     eliminating any possible heliobacter pyloris that may be causing
    trouble.