Welcome Patrik,

As you will soon discover with every alternative health concept, there
are a cadre of people waiting to pounce, who will tell you that it
doesn't work, it's dangerous, and that your friendly mainstream
physician is the only person you can trust with responsibility for your
health care decisions...

The quackwatch idiots are usually right in the front lines.

To an extent they are correct, in that alternative medicine, as it's
practiced on the internet, is a chaotic zoo of conflicting claims,
belligerant hucksterism, fanatical debunking, and utter lunacy. If you
are looking for an excuse to dismiss the whole thing, you *will* be
able to find all the justification that you need.

What they don't want you to notice, is that beneath all the confusion,
there are communities of people, just like this one, where people
gather, exchange information and reports, and communicate what works
and what doesn't. They gather around a particular treatment, or a
specific disease or condition, or sometimes just a general interest in
health and longevity.

When you've settled in and made a few friends, and you've seen enough
reports from people just like you, who are *not* trying to sell you
anything, that something seems to work... Well, then it's time to look
a bit deeper.

And what then? What happens when you find out there really is a cheap,
simple, and effective cure for something that the mainstream doctors
don't know how to treat? Why don't they know about it? How could they
*not* know about it? If they know about it, why won't they tell you?

And so it goes. And you'll be travelling the path of all of us that
have come before you. And we will welcome you. <smile>

> Hi! I am new here. It seems like there is a conflict out there about
> products that are almost free. Of course the industry would lose power
> and money if this became to big.
>
> I searched Colloidal silver on internet and read alot of interesting.
> But this was at first place:
> www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html
>

> Are they right or is does it really work? Maybe this is sponsored by the
> industry?
>
> Thanks!

Yes, properly made and used, CS seems to work, seems to be safe, and is
certainly inexpensive and simple to use.

But, then, it has *not* been found to be generally safe or effective by
the FDA, so you're on your own, aren't you?

Be well,

Mike D.