I must have missed seeing where anyone knows for certain Rosemary actually had this disease?
Wasn't this just speculation in the original post?
Just want to be clear, speculating can be extremely interesting, but treating a speculation as fact isn't very productive of much but myths, so it would be a good idea to keep being clear that this is a speculative idea, not a fact. In case someone comes in the middle of the thread.
sol

Tony Moody wrote:

OK this makes a bit more sense now. I wondered why Quackwatch put so much energy into Rosemary's case. did a google on melioidosis and got 33500 hits !!

If silver cures this disease then the powers that be do not want the public to know about it. So they have erected this elaborate scare scam.
the first one :
DBMD - Melioidosis - General Information
... Melioidosis (Burkholderia pseudomallei). Navigation bar ... Melioidosis, also
called Whitmore’s disease, is an infectious disease caused by the ...
www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/diseaseinfo/melioidosis_g.htm - 17k

<snip>
Why has melioidosis become a current issue?

Burkholderia pseudomallei is an organism that has been considered as a potential agent for biological warfare and biological terrorism. <snip>